Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S16 underpowered?
fergy
Forum Newbie
Send Message
Post S16 underpowered?
on: December 26, 2017, 21:35

Hi guys,
I have always wanted an s16,recently a mate has said I can have his to make him an offer,not sure what it’s worth?its a mk2 un shrouded .its in good nick with no leaks. I’m using AA fields .22 and find that after 30yds I’m getting serious drop off of accuracy (between 30-50yds. At the same distance 30yds ish I get much better accuracy and power with my under lever.(bsa) hoping there is something I’m missing as its a rifle I always wanted. What should I offer him?

Thanks in advance.

andrew
Administrator
Send Message
andrew
Post Re: S16 underpowered?
on: December 28, 2017, 09:31

That's a difficult one. If it's not working correctly then there could be any number of things wrong with it and in need of time work and money spending on it. You won't know until you start looking into it and so really hard to know what it's going to cost to get it sorted.
Simple things to check are covered on the guides and threads on this site but include - make sure you have a well charged bottle. Make sure there are no air leaks. Make sure the pellets are not clipping the inside of the shroud. After that you really need to get access to a chrono to test the speed of the pellets over, say, 20 consecutive pellets.
Giving it a good strip down and service would be a good idea

<<< site administrator >>>

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.091 seconds.