Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Silencer
Happygilmo-
re
Forum Newbie
Send Message
Post Silencer
on: September 4, 2017, 11:59

Hi all,

Have just replaced the breach seal on mine, but notice it was catching occasionally in the silencer. The seal is all sorted now and the grouping is ok, moves upto a 5mm at 30 yards.

My question is, how do you clean the silencer, just in case it is clipping, or is there another aftermarket one I can fit directly? as I am guessing these are like hens teeth.

Is it worth, as leading upto breach seal it was jamming like MC hammer - cleaning the barrel with a soft brush rod? not brass I know.

Cheers
Nathan

andrew
Administrator
Send Message
andrew
Post Re: Silencer
on: September 10, 2017, 09:35

1. Check the end of your barrel and make sure the inner lip is not damaged in any way. A little burr here can pull the pellet off slightly. You can get re-crowning tools to file this if required.
2. Shoot in prone without the suppressor and make sure you are getting good grouping.
3. Then refit sections of suppressor at a time and repeat the test and so work out if a) the consistency of the grouping remains the same and b)That the 'zero' of the grouping is not moving.
If adding one of the sections changes this then you have 2 options: try to find a new section; or drill out the offending hole to it doesn't clip.

I had exactly this problem and with 2 of my Loguns. Without a suppressor the zero was excellent. Adding one particular section moved the zero about 2" at 25yds and made the grouping slightly worse. With one of the Loguns I just replaced the offending sections and with the other I drilled the hole 1mm larger. Both barrels were fine at the ends although I did wonder if one of the barrels was actually slightly bent which pulled the pellet towards the inside of the suppressor sections. I managed to get both to zero though so no big deal if it is I guess.

let us know how you get on
A.

<<< site administrator >>>

Happygilmo-
re
Forum Newbie
Send Message
Post Re: Silencer
on: September 12, 2017, 11:27

Awesome. I managed to take silencer apart and one of the washers in between the sprints was mashed out of shape - so reground that and seems to be ok now. I am going to do what you suggest and enlarge the holes another mm or so to ensure the pellet is passing clean.

Cheers for help.

Thanks
Nathan

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.091 seconds.