Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Temporary use single shot magazine
andrew
Administrator
Send Message
andrew
Post Temporary use single shot magazine
on: February 21, 2017, 11:28

I have been thinking for a while that I would have a go at printing some plastic mags since there seems to be a shortage of OEM ones but have put it off due to the amount of time it would take and because they won't actually be as good at the metal ones.

One of the big problems is sourcing a supply of the springs, ball bearings, bolts and bushes. With some clever designing I could possibly do away with all this and design it all into the plastic but again the problem is time!

So in the mean time, I decided to have a go at making a really simple single shot mag that means at least people can use the rifle if they don't have a mag for some reason. A very quick design and print yesterday has produced the below. It's not brilliant but I have shot a few pellets through it this morning.

Any thoughts? Any use?

<<< site administrator >>>

batmanthe1
Forum Newbie
Send Message
Post Re: Temporary use single shot magazine
on: February 22, 2017, 09:26

How much are these?

andrew
Administrator
Send Message
andrew
on: February 24, 2017, 08:50

Well this one was a very quick design and print. It works but only just! It needs some time spending on it to get it working properly to be honest. If there is a need for them then I can do this and sell a few.
What do you think it's worth?
As with all things like this, it'll never be possible to sell them for enough to cover the genuine cost of making but that's ok, I hate to think that people are out there with an S16 that they are not able to shoot!

As for this one, if you recognise that it's prototype number 1, you are welcome to it for nowt. PM me your address and I'll get it in the post.

A.

mixamoose
Forum Newbie
Send Message
on: March 9, 2017, 09:41

single mag is a great idea. most rifles operate with a single mag and juggling a double mag with cold fingers out hunting is not a great idea. mag in mag out, nice and simple. definitely interested in these.
moose

andrew
Administrator
Send Message
andrew
on: March 12, 2017, 09:43

Ah so do you mean a single shot like the one in the photo on here?
Or are you thinking of having all 16 on some kind of rotary caterpillar track?

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.144 seconds.