Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Valve leaking?
Reikal
Forum Newbie
Send Message
Post Valve leaking?
on: May 13, 2017, 13:07

Hi Folks,

I appreciate I'm new here but would be most grateful if someone could offer some advice on fixing this issue!

I recently purchased an old S16 which I believe is a Mk2 Unshrouded. It was cheap due to having an unspecified air leak.
With this in mind i promptly purchased a full seal kit on ebay which directed me here. I've changed all the seals I can except two (the two inner ones, they looked OK and i couldn't remove them). It's clearly been torn down badly in the past (screw damage, top rail on backwards etc) and i did find the remains of an old shredded oring in the mechanism, though all the rings i removed were intact, albeit hard and square in profile.

Reassembled and charged it for the first time, everything looked fine... until i heard the dreaded hiss.

Basically air is leaking from the muzzle, but only when the cocking lever is locked forwards.
It's currently charged to about 120Bar but I don't know if this is too low to fully operate he valves.

Can anyone shed some light on what's causing this?
Seals, assembly or just low pressure?

andrew
Administrator
Send Message
andrew
Post Re: Valve leaking?
on: May 17, 2017, 21:36

low pressure could definitely be that problem and as it's the easiest thing to check. Fill it to 200 ish and see if that helps.

Andrew

<<< site administrator >>>

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.